Applying an eco-system for Interpreter Training, Translation Studies and Language Learning
Ranked in the world top 50, The University of Queensland is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. The School of Languages and Cultures in Brisbane has made significant investments in leading-edge technology to support its popular Master in Interpreting & Translation programmes - MAJIT (Japanese) and MACIT (Chinese).
UQ implement new Simultaneous & Consecutive Interpreter Training Technologies
The University of Queensland has installed brand new Televic Interpreting equipment to support 12 interpreters and 30 delegates (with an additional 24 audience participants). The solution allows teachers and students to practise with professional interpreting equipment, while working with a range of learning resources and simulations, including mock conferences and remote seminars with partner Universities. The solution allows everything to be easily captured for evaluation and during exams.
Interpreter Training Suite
- interpreterQ Software for Lab Control & Management
- Dual-Track Recording Software
- Conference System with Listening Units for Training
- Interpreting System Fully-integrated for Education
- Camera-Tracking System & Booth-Cam System
- Electronic Name Plates & Remote Software Licences
Language Labs (for Language Learning & Interpreter Training)
- AVIDAnet Tutor Software for Lab Control & Management
- SONUS Dual-Track Recording Software
- translationQ Online Platform for Translation Revision & Assessment