Sign language interpreting made easy
Signus is the long-awaited training solution for sign language interpreting. It enables you to teach sign language in all possible use cases, and allows you to provide contextual video feedback whenever a student needs it.
Because you can use audio, video and text as a source for the student's interpretation, Signus gives you a myriad of teaching possibilities. Advanced features such as Word integration or using a foot pedal to pause the interpretation allow you to get the most out of your training!
Why use Signus?
Signus is the perfect solution for teaching sign language and sign language interpreting in an interactive way.
You can use it for training interpreters in simultaneous and consecutive interpreting using audio, video or text as a source. Students can record a video of their own sign language interpretation, or transcribe what they see as text.
Signus also provides teachers with an opportunity to give time-based feedback through video or text.
Teach skills the interactive way
Signus can be used in many educational contexts including:
- Interpreter training in any language
- Rehearsing presentation techniques
- Interview preparation
- Communicating in a corporate environment, hospital or school
- Corporate training of all kinds
- Different types of coaching
… and in many other situations.
Signus + AVIDAnet Live = training magic
Signus can be seamlessly integrated with the AVIDAnet Live multimedia classroom solution to provide additional features such as:
- Automatically collecting student recordings for review
- Sign language interpreting from live sources, such as teacher camera or internet stream
- Student monitoring using webcams and intercoms
- Zero-delay audio conversations using the PRO card
- Exam mode with Signus remote control
… and many other applications.